Dear WAAT presenters,
We are happy to announce that the WAAT workshop program has now been finalized. Please check the schedule in order to verify that your details are correct and to see when you will be presenting. Also, please check the ECAL 2011 website for information about where to find the Salon de l’Argentine at the conference venue.
Here is some additional information about the workshop (please pass this along to your colleagues):
– We are still in the process of compiling the workshop abstracts into a small booklet (should be available soon)
– Apparently, free wireless internet will be available in the room, but no computers.
– Please bring your own laptop for your presentation.
– Many of you have asked about possible reductions in registration fee and/or accommodation prices. Unfortunately, we have no control over these matters and even as workshop organizers we are subject to the same constraints.
– At least the registration fee will cover the following food and drinks (I’m copying this from the organizers e-mail):
“4.a BREAKFAST: Every morning from 8am to 9am, a breakfast buffet will be served (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh juice, mineral water, croissants and other pastries). On Monday August 8, it will be located in the lobby of the mezzanine level, then starting on Tuesday 9, it will be moved inside the Adenauer Halls.
4.b COFFEE BREAKS: Several other coffee breaks (in the mid-morning, mid-afternoon and, some days, late afternoon) will be served at the same location as the breakfast buffet. Please check the times on the program here: http://ecal11.org/program
4.c LUNCH BREAKS will consist of a “lunch box” package, composed of (a) a sandwich or a salad, (b) a dessert and (c) a drink. You will have several choices every day, varying from day to day (typical sandwiches: ham, egg, tuna, chicken, cheese / salads: salmon, noodle, mixed veggie / desserts: apple pie, chocolate tart, yogurt, fruit salad). All lunch breaks are scheduled from 12:10pm to 1:40pm, except the first day Monday 8, from 1pm to 2:30pm.”
So we hope to see you bright and early for a WAAT breakfast next Monday morning!
All the best,
Tom (and Matthew and Xabier)